This Thanksgiving, shake up something perfectly autumnal with a Fig & Thyme Cocktail. Homemade thyme simple syrup gives this mixed drink a handcrafted touch, while your favorite top-shelf vodka mingles with muddled figs. A splash of citrus and cider and voila- you have a fresh new fall flavored offering. Make the thyme simple syrup in advance to simplify your party preparations, and keep your bar cart stocked with personalized frost flex cups for customized cheers-ing!
For The Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme leaves (leave out a few for garnish)
For Two Cocktails:
- 4 fresh figs
- 1.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 oz thyme syrup
- 3 oz top-shelf vodka
- 3 oz hard cider
In advance, make the thyme syrup: In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the sugar, water, and thyme leaves for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for at least 10 more minutes. Thyme simple syrup will keep for at least a week in the fridge.
- Muddle figs and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add in a scoop of ice, along with the lemon juice, 1.5 ounces of the thyme syrup, and 3 ounces your favorite top-shelf vodka.
- Shake until well chilled, then strain into two coupe glasses.
- Top with 3 ounces hard cider.
- Garnish with a slice or two of fig and a sprig of thyme!