Are you ready to take your sour cocktail game to the next level? Meet the Lemon Rosemary Sour with Brûléed Lemon Wheels. Yes, you read that right, and it’s as divine as it sounds! After a couple of extra steps in the kitchen to prepare your ingredients, you’ll find yourself mixing these cocktails up all summer long.
- 1.5 oz your favorite gin
- 2/3 oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 3/4 oz orgeat syrup
- 1 sprig of rosemary, lightly toasted
- 1 egg white
- 4 drops high quality olive oil
- lemon slices and granulated sugar for brûléed lemon wheels (see instructions below)
- Add gin, lemon juice, orgeat syrup, rosemary sprig and egg white into an empty shaker and shake for around 20 seconds.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again until the shaker is very cold.
- Strain the cocktail into your favorite coupe glass.
- Garnish with 4 drops of high-quality olive oil and top with a brûléed lemon.
Lemon Wheel Instructions:
- To prepare the lemon wheels, slice lemons into thin circles and coat them in granulated sugar.
- Next, lay lemon wheels on a cookie sheet covered in foil.
- Broil the lemon wheels for up to 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- Once they start to brown, take them out within 1 minute. The lemons may brown further as they cool.