Spring is around the corner, so it’s time to start dreaming of refreshing warm-weather cocktails! This lemon drop martini is the perfect cocktail to welcome longer days and warmer temperatures. The secret to this tasty drink is freshly squeezed lemon juice. For a festive detail, opt for the fabulous sugared rim glass.
Elevate your Easter gathering or Mother’s Day brunch with this fresh and flavorful lemon drop martini. This recipe shines as a simple martini cocktail, but has some fun flexibility, too! You can offer some variety with the sugared glass or by including a shot of limoncello for something different!
Ingredients for 2 cocktails:
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz. Simple syrup
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Optional extra #1: ¼ cup sugar + 1 tbs lemon zest for sugared glasses
- Optional extra #2: Add a shot of limoncello for a fun take on this tasty lemon drop martini
- Combine the vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain into a sugared glass and serve immediately.
Note: To sugar your glasses, mix ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest in a shallow plate. Wet the edge of the glasses and dip into the sugar mixture.