Are you racing to the finish line to plan your Kentucky Derby party? Throw a watch party as fabulous as your favorite hat in no time with just a few pointers.
1. Derby best attire — have guests dress for the winner's circle with ladies in fancy spring hats or fascinators and gents in bow ties and sports coats.
2. Mint Juleps are a must — serve up this derby icon with derby themed barware. Make a drink station for guests to mix up their own julep or have a pitcher ready (and ready to be refilled!).
3. Get creative with betting — a classic piece of the derby tradition, you'll for sure want to include betting into your watch party. Get creative with your provided bet cards like these bet cocktail napkins! Or, maybe guests can write their win, place, show choices on paper horse cut-outs.
4. Horses & Roses (the obvious decor) — speaking of paper hose cut-outs, these make completely adorable table runner additions in little fake grass circles you can find at your local Michael's Arts & Crafts Store. Sprinkle in a few rose arrangments and you've got a derby look fit for the queen
5. Make the memories — your guests are all in their derby best, sipping delicious cocktails and cheering over bets. Social media moments may be happening, but a few well-placed Polaroids will certainly have them snapping away!
Want more? Get details on Martha Stewart with 5 Tips to Host a Last-Minute Kentucky Derby Party or over on The U with this Derby segment featuring FYP President Sari Mintz and Danielle, one of the fabulous Jam hosts.