How do I place an order? Color and other questions...
- The most convenient and safest way to place an order with ForYourParty.com is by using our secure on-line shopping cart. You can also call our offices for assistance but please know all your selections before doing so. If you are local to the Chicago area, you can visit our offices M-F 9a-5p. We are located at 3416 Oakton Ave. Skokie, IL 60076. We do not have a retail store but are happy to work with you and provide samples of previous orders to see.
- Prior to placing an order, please call 1 866 383-8957 or email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org/use our Contact Us page.
- All personalized product will be professionally typeset for you. The image you see is a visual representation but text should be readable in the preview.
- Colors are matched as close as possible to the source but can vary computer to computer. Computer monitors should be color calibrated to be most accurate. If you have questions about colors, please either request samples using our sample request form, call our toll free number for assistance: 1-866-383-8957, or use our online chat when available.
- Before submitting your order, please carefully check your order for errors.
- If you have a special request or specific instructions, please enter that information in the Special Instructions/Comments box during the checkout process.
- After placing your order, you will receive an Order Confirmation with your order number; please check the Order Confirmation carefully and advise immediately if changes need to be made. Orders go into production quickly and we would hate for you to incur a charge.
- Orders taken over the phone via our customer service or art departments are the sole responsibility of the customer to review. Please make sure to check your order and contact us immediately, in writing, with any changes necessary.
- Any changes to the text or font must be received before 10 a.m. CST the day after you placed your order to avoid a $10 fee to remake your art.
Submit any changes by email to email@example.com or use our Contact Us page and be sure to include your order number in the subject line of your email.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Applicable sales tax will be added to shipments being made to any location within Illinois. We are located in Skokie, Illinois 60076, U.S.A.
What's the delivery time for orders?
- Most personalized product orders are made and shipped within 5-12 business days. This varies product to product and during our busy seasons.
- We ship most domestic ground orders using UPS Ground Service from Illinois except for sample request orders which ship ground via the U.S. Postal Service. All rush orders will ship using UPS Air Services for domestic addresses and Fed Ex for international orders.
- Depending on the time of year and how busy our factory is, orders can be completed before 5 days or after 12 days but will ship in time to arrive on or before your chosen delivery date by your delivery method. We suggest choosing a delivery option that is a few days before your event to account for weather or other unforeseen shipping delays.
- If we have any problems making your delivery date, we will contact you as soon as possible. This is very infrequent!
Can I rush an order?
- Because we manufacture MOST our products in-house, we can usually rush an order. When you checkout, select the date you want your order to be delivered on or by. If the date you need is not available to deliver by, please call or email our customer service department to ask. If we can, we will always try to accommodate the rush request but during our busiest seasons may need to charge a production rush fee to do so in addition to air shipping your order.
- If your Delivery Date is the top option, then overnight shipping is required. If your Delivery Date in the 2nd option, then 2 day shipping is required. If your Delivery Date is included in the range of the 3rd option, then ground shipping should be fine. The price to air ship your order is calculated for you prior to payment based on your shopping cart and address.
Can I add a product to a previously placed order?
- If you have an order in progress and would like to add to it, you have until 10 a.m. the first business day after you placed the order to purchase other products that will ship at the same time.
- If you want to do so, you will need to place a second order, then indicate in the comments box/special instructions box that you would like to combine this with the original order number_________(order number). You can also call or email us with this information.
- We will make every attempt to do this for you saving you the second shipping charge but this may not always be possible. Some items are produced in different facilities or ship from other locations or may simply be in production already. But we can try.
How can I reorder a previous order?
- If you are reordering from a previous order, please indicate this information to us in the reorder box at checkout. The original order number is best.
- At checkout, please give us the original order number, name on the credit card used, or email address so we can check your new order against your original.
- It is our intention to minimize differences between orders by checking them together and using the same art. All items are custom-made and we want to make sure reorders are done using the same (whenever possible) dye lots and art/text.
- We cannot be responsible for differences in reorders made without this information; please contact us if you cannot find your original order number.
What are your shipping & handling charges? Matches shipping outside the U.S.
- We charge a flat fee of $9.95 for ground shipping on all packages within the Continental United States. Air shipping charges are calculated at checkout using the type of shipping you selected.
- For orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or any other US Territory or Internationally, destination charges are calculated using UPS or United States Postal Service or Federal Express specifications and costs above $9.95 are calculated at checkout prior to payment.
- Large quantity orders of 5000+pieces may require additional ground and or air shipping charges as they can not always be accurately calculated at checkout.
- International orders containing matches will ship to countries available using Fed Express and will include a hazardous materials charge. Nothing we can do about it.
- Not all postal codes allow hazardous material deliveries so if you have a problem finding your country from the countries listed, it is probably not available. To our friends down under in AU...only some of your fine land allows these deliveries. If you want to know for sure, email us the postal code to check for you! If you have any alternate addresses you can ship to ask us as well just in case!
- We always attempt to ship the most economic way possible and orders may ship using the United States Postal Service.
What is the cost for Shipping to Canada or outside the continental U.S.?
- Additional shipping charges will apply to orders shipping outside the continental U.S. and all orders to Canada or other international destinations. These orders MAY incur additional charges on arrival- such as Brokerage Fees, Duty and Taxes due at delivery.
- The cost to ship to you is calculated at checkout prior to purchase and ForYourParty makes every attempt to minimize charges due upon delivery. Charges vary but you can expect somewhere from $40-80 to Canada or $40-80 for international orders. Price varies based on items in your cart. Large orders or orders needing expedited shipping are likely to be higher.
Can you give me some more details about how you ship your products?
- Most standard personalized items will be shipped within 5-10 business days of receipt Monday - Friday unless it is out-of-stock. Please note however that during our busy seasons, orders can take slightly longer. We make every effort to get your order out the door as quickly as possible; telling us your Event Date on the order is a big help.
- Many blank stock items ship the following business day for orders received by 2pm CST.
- If an item you have selected is temporarily out-of-stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. We take daily deliveries so this does not happen often.
What if my order does not arrive on time?
- ForYourParty.com is not responsible for packages shipped on time but not delivered on time or lost via UPS or other shipping carriers. We do recommend you add an extra day to your order for this reason.
- We will make every effort to help locate a lost package and file a claim for the package but are not responsible for reimbursing our customers for amounts not collected (or verified as 'will be collected') by UPS or other shipping carriers. In most cases this is limited to a $100 value. If your order is large and you want it insured, please call our offices to discuss and we can add this to your order. Additional insurance rates will apply.
- UPS is not responsible for deliveries not made due to emergency weather or other emergency conditions out of their control (train derailments etc) ; we are also unable to reimburse for packages not delivered on time due to these emergency conditions. Again, plan ahead and order as soon as you know what you want.
ForYourParty.com ships from Skokie, Illinois
I entered a discount code but I'm not getting the discount.
Discount codes are not valid on large quantity orders at or above 1000 pieces. "Large Quantity Discount" was displayed for you in your shopping cart. You are already receiving our deepest discount on 1000+ pieces.
I saw a second charge on my credit card statement. What is it for?
UPS requires very accurate ship-to addresses for their deliveries. For example, UPS requires multi-unit dwellings' shipping addresses include the exact unit number the package goes to. Any errors UPS finds in your address when attempting delivery will incur an additional charge, a minimum of $13.40. This charge will be added to your credit card after the item has been delivered. Also, if you change the ship-to address once the order has shipped, a minimum of $13.40 address change fee will also be charged to your credit card. We do everything we can to verify your address using the UPS address verification software before we allow you to process your order.
How are my items packaged?
All of our products are packed in a protective packaging of tissue, bubble wrap, brown packing paper and then placed in cardboard boxes. Some items are specifically marked 'gift-boxed', which means that they are packaged as a gift. If you require special instructions, please let us know in the comments section of your order form.
Can I track my order once it has been shipped?
When your order ships, you will receive an email notification from UPS with your UPS tracking number and estimated delivery date. Once you receive this you may track your package directly on the UPS website (www.ups.com) or right here from our web site using your order number. Click on the Shipping and Tracking Link in the menu and enter your order number in the box provided, then click 'Track'.
What is your return policy?
Return policy for personalized products
- Personalized product is non-returnable as we are custom-making this for you. Please make sure you like what you are ordering and, if you are in question, add an e-proof to your items for a $12 charge. The $12 charge will be added to your order for each proof you request on products where a preview is available.
- ForYourParty.com is not responsible for customers' typographic errors or for colors not matching your computer and cannot accept returns on personalized items. Computer monitors need to be color calibrated to be most accurate and we can not be responsible for colors not matching what your screen displayed. If in doubt, please call, email or chat with our customer service department. If time permits, you can also purchase samples of colors and products.
- If you have a question regarding your received order, please email us within 7 days of receipt and have your order number ready for reference.
- Our products are warranted against faulty workmanship or materials and we will replace them if we are in error by reprinting and re-shipping your order at no cost to you. If we cannot get your items to you on time, we will credit you for the cost of the items. Credits will be posted to credit card the purchase was made on and will post in 7-21 business days.
- ForYourParty.com is not responsible for any consequential damages as a result of an error. Our liability is specifically limited to the value of the personalized product we manufactured.
- We hope that you are happy with all of your purchases from ForYourParty, but if you are not satisfied with a product, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving it. Be sure to include your order number in the "Subject" line of the email.
Return policy for unprinted/non-personalized products
- Before returning merchandise, you must be authorized by ForYourParty by sending us an email or calling to request an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number.
- Unprinted/Non-Personalized is any product where paper has not been cut/applied or no personalization has taken place of any kind.
- Unprinted/Non-Personalized and Gift/Party Decor items must be returned in unused and undamaged condition within 15 days of the invoice date to receive credit.
- A 15% re-stocking fee or a $10.00 fee, whichever is greater, will be charged on all unprinted/non-personalized product authorized returns. Unauthorized returns and refused orders will not be accepted for refunds.
- Shipping charges cannot be credited and return shipping is the customer's responsibility.
- Once product is received, credit will be given to the credit card charged within 7-21 business days.
Please pack the item in its original packaging (unused) and send back to us, shipping pre-paid by you. All authorized returns should ship to:
RMA # ________
8049 St. Louis
Skokie, IL 60076
- Please note that if you purchased your order through Paypal, you must have recurring charges enabled to receive any type of refund. Opting out of this service will block For Your Party from issuing a refund to your account. If this is the case, store credit will be offered.
What do I do if I need to cancel or change an order?
- If you need to cancel or change your order, please submit your request in writing via email at email@example.com or use our Contact Us page; be sure to include your order number in the 'Subject' line.
- Your order officially begins "processing" the first business day after placing the order. Cancellations, order changes, or corrections cannot be guaranteed once an order has been submitted.
- A non-refundable type-setting charge of $10 applies, as this is the first step in the process of personalizing your item.
- If the item being canceled is made of any of our papers and the paper has already been cut, a $10 cutting charge will also apply
- For canceled or corrected orders that have been partially or totally completed, you will be charged for the portion already personalized. Personalized items cannot be canceled if your order has already been sent to print.
- If your order includes Custom Art, you will incur a non-refundable $12 proof fee for each proof you have received.
If your personalized order has been shipped already, it cannot be returned.
What happens if the color napkin I order looks different in person than it did online?
- We color match as close as possible to the actual product, but all computer monitors display things differently. To be completely accurate, your monitor needs to be color calibrated.
- If you have questions about colors, please email, call or chat online with us to discuss.
- You can also request samples from our Contact Us page or review the information in the color guide for each product.
- What if the color of the napkins, paper, or foil has changed slightly from my sample or original order?
- Colors do vary slightly from dye lot to dye lot and between napkin sizes. We try to use one dye lot in filling an order, but dye lots are subject to change.
We are not responsible for colors matching samples sent far in advance of an order.
How do I submit custom artwork?
- Yes, we are able to reproduce custom artwork on a variety of our products.
- Artwork must be submitted via email or uploaded through the product designer; we accept black & white vector-based artwork saved as an AI or PDF file.
- Make sure fonts are embedded/outlined.
- JPG and GIF files are generally not accepted due to their low quality.
- There is a custom printing plate charge of $50 per unique design to use your custom artwork on our products. For your first two products that use the same design, there is no additional charge. For each product after the first two there will be a $15 charge per product. When you check out, you will see the custom art charge(s). It is up to the customer to enter in the correct number of files they are uploading.
- Please follow the below instructions for more guidelines in sending us your file.
- Custom art is kept on file for up to six months after original order date. Any orders placed after the six month period will be subject to the $50 custom art fee again.
Sending a PDF
- Save your black and white artwork as a PDF
- Choose the 'Embed All Fonts' option in artwork that contains text/fonts
- Create the PDF using a resolution of 600-1200 dpi at 100% of final size. This has to be done when you save the original file to the PDF. Please note that you cannot take artwork that has a low resolution (DPI) and increase it to make it higher quality
- If you are sending two-color artwork, it must be separated into two different PDF files (one for each color)
- Upload the file when placing your order or if you choose to use our custom art placeholder, email the file as an attachment along with the order number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional information regarding custom artwork guidelines, please email art department at email@example.com.
- Why did you receive an email from us?
- If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) you have registered, purchased, or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How we protect your privacy:
We use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data used by our system.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
At any time you may login on our website using your email address and uncheck the box at the bottom of the screen that gives us permission to email you.
Feel free to send an email to our Customer Service address or use our Contact Us page requesting that you be removed from our mailing list.
- The security and privacy of your online purchase is of the utmost importance to us. We use industry standard efforts, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL), to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. SSL encryption technology is designed to prevent the unauthorized viewing and downloading of your order information.
We also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How do I order product samples?
- Due to the overwhelming demand for samples, we charge a $6.00 fee for up to five samples, with a $3.00 rebate if you place a future order with us. We charge $10.00 for 6-10 samples, with a max of 10 samples per order, with a $6.00 rebate if you place a future order with us. We also charge a $3.00 ($4.00 for international) shipping and handling charge. As soon as we receive your sample request, your email address will be set to automatically receive the appropriate rebate when placing your next order. Specific samples may not be available in certain color combinations.
- Click here or on REQUEST SAMPLES at the bottom of any page and fill out our form with the color samples you would like to see and generic samples as close to your request will be sent.
All sample requests are sent via USPS; please allow normal mailing time to your area.
I added items to the cart but when I go back later it says "There are currently no items in your cart."
- Make sure your browser has cookies enabled.
This is located in your browsers preferences, generally under 'Privacy'.
For example, in Internet Explorer, on the top menu of your browser, click on 'Tools' then click on 'Internet Options'. In that window click on the tab labeled 'Privacy'. Under that tab, in 'Settings', move the level slider down from 'Block All Cookies' to any other level (High, Medium High, or Medium)
This is located in your browsers preferences, generally under 'Security'.
For example, in Internet Explorer, on the top menu of your browser, click on 'Tools' then click on 'Internet Options'. In that window click on the tab labeled 'Security'. Under that tab, in 'Settings', click on the 'Default Level' button and/or move the level slider down from 'High' to 'Medium'.
Alternatively you may click on the 'Custom Level' button and in that window scroll down to the 'Scripting' area. Under 'Active Scripting', click 'Enable'
If you are still having difficulties on the site even after following the above instructions then please send an email to our technical department on our CONTACT US page. Make sure to specify the exact problem you are experiencing with the site and also list your computer type and the browser/browser version you are using.