Unless you’ve been living underneath a massively heavy rock this year, you’ve witnessed the beautiful betrothals of numerous celebs. In 2019, two became one for celebrity couples including, but not limited to Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger, Marc Jacobs and Char DeFrancesco, Ellie Goulding and Caspar Jopling, Jennifer Lawrence and Cooke Maroney, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, and of course, Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin. As both huge fans of partying and wedding industry experts, For Your Party went on a deep dive to collect the scoop on what went into making each of these big days. We’ve gathered the intel on what it takes to please stars who are accustomed to the best of everything and we know you’re curious too…
Now, in regards to decor, it is not often that you’ll get to see the proper details unless you were an actual guest of the celebrity wedding. This, our friends, is thanks to a little thing called “Non Disclosure Agreements”, also known as the terms and agreements that are made with all vendors to not share any information or photos. While this may grind our gears, it is understandable. These celebs rarely get privacy so for their biggest of days, most prefer to close off their weddings to the general public by any means necessary. However, that does not mean that FYP won’t lend you some verified secrets that we happen to know that will guide you towards creating a 2019 celebrity-approved wedding!
So, what does it take to truly recreate a wedding reception that is fit for a 2019 celebrity couple? A quick glance at the descriptions laid out by nearly every tabloid and blog out there will tell you that the following are must-haves for their big days, what they’ve considered, and what are some general rules to follow when creating your own celeb-decor…
1. Intimacy and privacy! Most of these receptions hosted an average of only 150 guests, making it easy for the bride and groom to interact with all invited. Pro-tip? This also frees up more room for personalized decor in your budget.
2. Luxurious but tasteful. Yes, these weddings cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, but you likely wouldn’t be able to tell due to their curated simplicity! Neutral color palettes complemented by a singular bold hue is a timeless look that nearly all celebs grab.
3. Celebrating specific memories, like the video projections of the wedding vows at Marc Jacobs’ affair and playing ‘The Notebook’ throughout the Bieber’s reception. Any and every signifier of love that can be on display, should be and will be on display.
4. Customized details and souvenirs! Wave hello to embroidered statement veils (do we even need to say Hailey’s name?) and the cutest (and chicest) take home sweatshirts designed by groom Marc Jacobs himself! Leave your guests with something major to talk about, whether it’s a gorgeous cake, a dress-moment, or even a jaw-droppingly beautiful venue.
5. Transport and accessories nailing their individual styles! Having your guests go from one venue to another? Try a speed boat like Hailey, a vintage Blue Volkswagen a’la Ellie, a helicopter landing, you get the deal. A grand entrance and VIP style coordinating guest arrivals will guarantee yours is a day to remember.
7. Keep it simple! By using your now shared last name initial, you’ll be able to keep your design work minimal while at the same time, creating something bold and to the point.
8. Make it personal! Does the romance between Noah and Allie from ‘The Notebook’ inspire you as much as it does Justin and Hailey Bieber? Cue their fave quotes printed beautifully on a sand-colored cocktail napkin.
9. Ensure the design is timeless! By keeping your color palette muted and your fonts easily read, you’ll have decor that will never disturb a perfect picture or clash for attention against a beautiful outfit.
10. Regality and relaxment. For all celebrities, these two elements are crucial as they are always videoed, quoted, photographed, and judged. Holding your head up high with confidence, speaking with purpose, and maintaining composure will ensure that their day will go accordingly. It works!!!
You know where to find the best personalized decor, but where can you find the best celebrity-ready extras in your hometown? Here are a few extremely user-friendly sites that will help guide you to landing the best of the best additions for your big day.
For the best food truck recommendations that are serving your area today, check out Roaming Hunger!
Recreate a beautiful lounge area with rented furniture via AFR Event Rentals, who even offer you inspiration boards to get you in the designing mood!
Add a photo-booth to capture memories fashionably with Shutter Booth, who offer you tons of customization along the way. You see them at events all the time, the Bieber wedding being no exception. A booth would not only be a hit during the party, but those pics of your family and friends will serve as some of the finest mementos of your day!
Grabbing a Booth? Here’s an FYP pro-tip!
To ensure you’ll be able to see all of the fabulous snaps taken at your wedding, try out our “SNAPKIN” Cocktail Napkin, one of our best sellers, that tells your guests what tags and hashtags to use when sharing on their socials!
Coordinating beautiful transportation options for you and your guests is easy using BusBank, a company with headquarters in our beautiful city, Chicago!